*HURRICANE LAURA ALERT*
Please see below our revised operating hours due to the upcoming hurricane:
*No drop offs will be allowed after 10:00am on Wednesday (8/26).
*We will be CLOSING at 5:00pm on Wednesday (8/26). Late fees of $5.00 per minute, per child for each minute after 5:00pm will apply.
*We will be CLOSED all day Thursday (8/27). We will re-open at 5am on Friday (8/28).
*Our website (oakdaleprivateschool.com) and Facebook page will be continuously updated as we continue to monitor the hurricane.
*Spring ISD has cancelled all classes for Wednesday, August 26th-Friday, August 28th.
*Our top priority is keeping our staff, students, and their families safe.
FALL SEMESTER SCHOOL AGE CHILDREN UPDATE
July 22, 2020
School Age Parents,
With the recent announcement of SISD going virtual to start the school year, I know there are a lot of questions out there regarding whether or not we will be allowing after school children to come to childcare early. I wanted to provide some guidance on how we will be handling after school students. We need to make sure that parents understand our after school classes were designed and staffed for just that service, “after school” care. So, the expectations need to be realistic as to what we will be able to provide for the first 6 weeks, or longer, that the public schools will be closed.
The first criteria that will have to be met, is the student must be enrolled as a “full- time” student, at the “full-time” rate. It is unclear at this time whether our subsidized students attending through Workforce Solutions will be given full-time care, but we have already reached out to them to ask that question. To be able to attend during the school day, the student must be enrolled in full-time care.
Second, the student must provide their own laptop computer AND headphones if they are expecting to log into a public-school classroom (zoom meeting) or school website. Our staff will be there to assist them in getting logged on and answering any questions they may have as best as they can. Each classroom will be equipped with Wi-Fi or have a hot spot available, so there will be internet access in each after school classroom. Our staff will be equipped with the password for the Wi-Fi and will assist as best they can in helping students to connect to the internet if they need to.
This will be a new experience for us, just as it will be for many of you. I’m sure it will be a learning process for everyone. I just wanted to give an update and let you know where we stand with the limited information we have been given thus far. I’m sure there will be more details to follow once the full plans for starting school have been reviewed by everyone involved. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Welcome To Oakdale Private School
We know how important it is to find childcare you really trust and a school that exceeds your expectations…
That’s why we are here!
- We provide an early childcare program for children from 6 weeks to 2 year old’s. We have a strong academic program for our children.
- We have a strong academic program for our preschool children from ages 3 through 5.
- We provide an after school program through age 12.
- Children can enjoy a home-cooked breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and evening snack on site.
- We provide transportation to and from most schools in the Spring ISD area.
- Complete flexibility when you need care. You set your own schedule!
- Participate in the food program
- NCI accepted
- Full time tuition covers your child’s care for any 5 days a week for up to 12 hours a day.
- We accept Cash, Most Credit Cards, and Money Orders.
- We are a 4 Star Accredited Center, Texas Rising Star
JHFX Design (c) 2021 Oakdale Private School. All rights reserved.